Friday, November 27, 2009

It's Going to Look Like Christmas

Happy Black Friday! (Oh...I truly don't like how that sounds.)

Hope your Thanksgiving was a good one. The Crafty Dad family made the annual pilgrimage (no pun intended!) to Auburn, IN for the big feast. A good time was had by all. Lots of food, fun, family and laughter. My favorite combo-package.

After we got home, Crafty Mom made her way to the basement to supervise in the traditional "carry-the-Christmas-decorations-upstairs" event. The boys helped out as we made several trips up and down the stairs -- good exercise after eating so much turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, etc., etc.,


A foyer-full of decorations.



Riley is not sure about all this!


Today is the day: decorate the house. It's become a tradition. And I enjoy bringing the house to life with all the decorations. My mom was a HUGE fan of Christmas and always make the house look so nice. She passed away 14 years ago...and I miss her. Especially during the Holidays. I'm guessing she's looking down from heaven and smiling as we do what she did for so many years. Miss you Mom!

The tree will be decorated tonight. Jennifer and the boys wait for my help on that one. I am the official tree light guy. I started wrapping each individual branch of the tree with lights a few years ago. Wow! Talk about a brightly-lit evergreen. I think it looks great and we continue to wrap lights from year to year.

I'll share some photos with you later this weekend.

In the meantime...hope you find all the bargains you were looking for today. Don't forget the ONLINE sales. Speaking of which, my Etsy store is having a 25% sale on tissue holders -- that's $1.00 off the regular price!

Have a great weekend,

2 comments:

Harbor Hon said...

Wow! Love your house! All that wood is excellent! Can't wait to see how you decorate ... then you can come decorate mine. Just teasing. :) Glad to hear you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Mine was good except I had a 48hr bug hit me right as I finished the dinner dishes. I was so cold my teeth were chattering, then I had the sweats. I know, too much information. :) Feeling better now though. xxoo

Run Lori Run said...

Must be universal, my husband dutifully treks the holiday stuff up the basement stairs every year too. You have quite a bit of holiday decoration boxes though- wow! Love your blog...