Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Is In The Air

Tulips in the landscape border at home (last Spring).


It's official: today is the first day of Spring. And boy are we ready for it. It has been a long, long winter my blogger friends. Too long if you ask me.

Sping is official not so much because the calendar says so, but because the Robins and Red-Winged Blackbirds are back. Their lively morning and evening songs tell me that warmer weather is on the way. And the daffodils and tulips have popped up from their winter homes once again. Amazing stuff when you think about it.

Right now it's a brisk 29 degrees outside, but I have great faith that the cold temps will soon be a thing of the past and I will once again feel the warm sunshine on my face.

Wishing you a very First Day of Spring!

No comments: