Sunday, February 03, 2008

Craft Corner Update

As promised, here are some new pictures of the Craft Corner.
I'm not finished, but I've made MAJOR progress since the last photo I shared with you. Here's one of the sewing machines in his new 'home':


Shelves were installed on 2-2-08. I'm pretty much done with getting the pegboard permanently fastened, then the trim goes up. Then...we're 95% complete!





The Cub Scout Pinewood Derby is next Saturday. So..the Little Guy and I have been busy making his car. You can see some of our supplies on the left-hand side of this photo. We're keeping our fingers crossed on this one. I enjoy working with fiber media; however, derby cars are not my forte'. But we're getting there.

I was going to drill holes in the Formica(R) counter-tops, but changed my mind and did a much easier thing: I drilled holes in the pegboard and then fished the electric cords up, in between, the 2x4's. It works great and really doesn't look bad at all.

Thanks to my dad and my wife, this long-awaited area is coming to life. It's great to have a space dedicated to my hobby time.




3 comments:

micah said...

looks like a pretty sweet hideout!

Harbor Hon said...

The "corner" is looking really good. Great idea for running the cords ... wouldn't have thought of that, also great to have such good helpers like your wife and your Dad. Peace. xxoo

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! I also like how you refer to your sewing machine as a "him". I wish I could get my husband to do some crafty things with me. I told him that if he does some sewing with me, I'll go hunting with him, but I'm still waiting..... :)