Saturday, September 15, 2007

Doing Better and Better

Hey all. I'm still here. Not at 100%, mind you, but doing much better.

The day job is still extremely stressful. I think a lot of it's self-imposed. I've always been that way. Taking life and work a bit too seriously. I really need to get over that, I know.

The boys are doing very well in school. My oldest, now a seventh-grader (sniff, sniff) got his progress report last week and he's getting A's in all his classes. My wife and I are so happy about that. Woo Hoo..... My little guy (the second grader) is doing very well too. It continues to amaze me what they are teaching in second grade these days. Oh. My. Gosh. I swear, it's like the stuff we learned in 4th grade.

It's been a transition to say the least, but he's handling it very well. There are so many kids that have behavior issues, it's sad. I know there are many, many things that influence a child's behavior and learning skills. I'm not naive. But...I'm very thankful that our family is able to do what we need to do to support our kids and to be involved in their school life. Too many kids don't have that resource. It's really a shame.

On a positive CRAFT note, I've actually been doing some craft-related things. I have three hats going right now.

[Side note to my Knitter Brothers: Guys, the hats are not of the knitted kind, they are creations of the single hook craft we call crochet. I haven't mustered enough patience to get the pointy sticks out. But I swear there will come a day when I do that....]

If I wasn't such a lazy butt, there would be photos on this blog post. Maybe later. I'm proud to say that I actually created a new post. LOL!

Take care my crafty friends.

2 comments:

Matt....... said...

yep, one of mine is in 8th grade this year, which means next year is high school....scary.....
Throw some pics of the WIP's our way, I may have to give this a try

Jason said...

Glad to hear things are better.