Tuesday, April 03, 2007

What a Day!

Yes, what a day indeed. It started with a monster headache. It was so bad that I stayed home from work for almost three hours. I took some sinus headache medicine, tucked myself back into bed and slept. I slept like a baby. Very deep......it was almost weird. Apparently I needed the sleep. It took me several minutes to wake up and feel like I was part of the world again. On my way to work I was so out of it, that I turned down the wrong road. Dang!

So enough about my troubles. Can I tell you about all the things I accomplished last night? Okay...here goes:

  • Ate supper (not a big deal, but it's my blog so I'm making it a part of the list. Okay? Okay!
  • The wife and I took the boys to the library. The boys are on Spring Break this week. And since we're staying home (no big deal) we decided that each night we would do something unique. Last night was Library Night and everyone found something to take home.
  • Made supper for tonight (penne pasta with yummy semi-homemade pasta sauce and mozzarella cheese baked in a casserole)
  • Made supper for Wednesday night too! Meatloaf (recipe can be found here). It is the BEST I've tasted. It's a bit more involved than other recipes, but it is SO GOOD. Try it!
  • And last, but not least, I was bitten by the craft/sewing bug again. And it was a really big bite too. So...we'll see what transpires. Maybe it's the change of seasons....I'm not sure. But my wife is probably gonna say something like, "Oh God, here we go again." LOL!

Oh...and speaking of my wife. She just turned 45 on Saturday. A milestone of sorts. I want to publicly declare my love and admiration to my high school sweetheart. Yep....it all started many, many years ago. I love you honey! Here's to many more years!

That's all for today! Go do something crafty!


Check this out. Another photograph from our get-away weekend.

Notice the shadow of the windmill? It PERFECTLY surrounds the trunk of the young tree. Wow! How's that for timing a photograph? I was certainly in the right place at the right time. ;-)

No comments: