Friday, April 27, 2007

Fabulous Friday -- Gearing Up For the Parties


Woo Hoo....it's Friday! Go do the happy dance and then come back for more.

[Everyone stands up and does the happy dance.]


Okay, welcome back. Yes, it's the start of another weekend. And it's gonna be a busy one. My oldest son is having a birthday party on Saturday evening. His official birthday is May 1st so, yes, that makes him a "May Day" baby. He's invited seven or eight classmates to share in the celebration. There will be food, fun, and (crossing my fingers for good weather) frolicking in the backyard amongst soccer balls, bean bag toss games and other pre-teen-appropriate activities. Assuming I make it through the ordeal, I'll let you know how it goes.

Then, on Sunday, it's the official "family birthday party". More food, fun and outdoor activities. One of his favorite foods is sloppy joe sandwiches. So that's what we're having (along with some homemade macaroni and cheese, and other party food). I'm hoping for a sunny day on Sunday too.

Wow. Twelve years old. 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12. Where has the time gone? It's crazy. Okay, I'm going to stop now before I get all weepy and stuff.

Have a Happy Friday!

No comments: