Tuesday, December 19, 2006

"It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year"

Tick. Tock. Have you looked at the calendar? It's the 19th of December. HOLY CRAP! Do the math -- Christmas is just SIX days away. And, as usual, the list of handmade gifts that I was going to make this season is a 'dream list'. I swear every year that next year is going to be different. I tell myself that if I would start making things in October, I could get SO much done and wouldn't feel all guilty about waiting 'til the last minute. Ha! And every year it's the same: I run out of time. Crazy ain't it?

My wife and I were complaining to each other about how busy we are and how many things still need to get done before the big day. Like a message from heaven, my oldest son says, "It's okay...the main thing is we're together and we're healthy. All of that other stuff is not important." Wow! Some pretty good stuff from an eleven year old.

And while I completely agree, I'm still gonna burn the midnight oil and get a few things done. Makin' a list and checkin' it twice. There are gifts that I really want to make this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One word: July (When we crafters have to get started on Holiday gifts.)
One more word: HURRY!