Monday, July 10, 2006

A Great Weekend at the Lakes !

Another great weekend at the lakes. Yes, that’s the plural form of “lake”. My wife and the boys headed to the lake on Friday afternoon while I slaved away at work. Since I was scheduled to work on Saturday, I intended to go home after work on Friday to clean house and spend some quality “craft time”. However….my wife had a really good idea: I could drive to the lake, and get up a bit earlier than normal and make the 50 minute commute to work on Saturday morning. Since weekend time (any time with the wife and kids) is precious time, I decided it was a great idea.

Saturday afternoon was wonderful: the weather was perfect summertime weather. The boys spent time in the lake on their “hover crafts” (inflatable, motorized water craft toys) while my wife and I kept them from drowning each other. Boys! I don’t remember getting into so much “trouble” when I was their age…but I’m sure I did my share of goofy things. Oh well….


Sunday morning was spent cleaning up the cottage as we had to leave early enough to drop off the dog (Hershey the chocolate lab) at home so we could dash off for another lake-related event: cousin Kelsey’s 10th Birthday. After lunch, gifts and cake, my uncle took the boys fishing. They have been begging for a chance to fish, and today was their lucky day. And indeed it was very lucky. Nathan caught 12 fish in about an hour and Matt came in second with a total of 4. Both boys wore smiles from ear-to-ear the whole time they were on the boat. (I have pictures to prove it. And will get them posted as soon as I have a chance – I promise!)

No comments: